Don’t wait! The last day of the campaign is Friday, December 15, 2017
Every year, hundreds of UMBC colleagues make a difference with their charitable giving through this campaign. This year, we’re relying on you to help the nearly 1,000 charities participating in the campaign.
1. Grab your pledge form and head over to mdcharity.org
- Click Create Your Account to make your online account, which will be used to make and manage your donations.
- If you have given to the campaign last year, you should already have an account on the website and should be able to log-in using your existing username and password. Usernames are typically your campus email address. If you have forgotten your password, you can recover it using the Forgot Password link on the site.
- No pledge form? No problem! Contact your department or unit’s coordinator and they will provide you with a blank form you can use for offline donations.
- No Pledge form and want to give online? If you do not have a pledge form and would still like to donate online, you can Request an Invite Code to create an account online. Then, follow the directions below.
2. Create your account.
- To create your account, you will be asked to provide a unique invite code. Your invite code is your Campus ID and can be found on your pledge form and on your campus card.
- Once your invite code is entered, you will be prompted to create an account in the system. Enter a username (e.g., your UMBC email address) and select a password.
- Your account is used for confirmation messaging about donations and to give employees the option to manage their account.
3. Find a charity.
- Once your account has been created you will be directed to the dashboard, where you can choose to make a gift, search for a charity, and manage your donations.
- Find a charity using the search feature. You can search by name, keyword, or location.
- Select the organization you would like to give to from the list.
5. Choose how you want to give.
- From the organization’s page, select the amount you would like to give and click “Add to Shopping Cart” from the options.
- From the donation details window, select your payment method (credit card or payroll deduction) and enter/confirm the amount, as well as any additional information requested.
- For employees interested in payroll deduction: enter the amount you would like deducted from each payroll period (e.g., $5). It will automatically calculate your annual giving amount on the next screen.
- Select “Add to Cart” to save your donation and search for other charities, or select “Check Out” to process your payment.
6. Make it official. Complete your donation!
- Don’t forget to share your confirmation email with your coordinator. It’s the fastest way for us to track our progress!
The Maryland Charity Campaign also has step-by-step instructions for activating your account and donating online, if you need further assistance.