Don’t wait! The last day of the campaign is Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Every year, hundreds of UMBC colleagues make a difference with their charitable giving through this campaign. This year, we’re relying on you to help the more than 900 participating in the campaign. Here’s how:
1. Grab your pledge form and head over to mdcharity.org
2. Log in or create your account.
If you have given to the campaign before:
- You should already have an account on the website and will be able to log in using your existing username and password. Your username is your campus email address.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can create a new one using the Forgot Password link on the site.
If you are new to giving online:
- To create your online account, log in to the system with your campus email address and your system-generated password.
- Your system-generated password is a combination of the university designation U_ and your Campus ID. For example, an employee’s log-in credentials would look like the following:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: U_AY21405
- Your Campus ID can be found on your pledge form and on your campus card. Passwords are case sensitive.
No pledge form and want to give?
- If you do not have a pledge form and would still like to donate online, you can request to be added to the system (UMBC’s agency code is 360231). An America’s Charities support team member will contact you in 24-48 hours to confirm your details.
- Additionally, you may download and fill out a blank pledge form and turn it into your coordinator.
3. Update your profile.
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the Giving homepage. Select Pledge Now to start the donation process.
- Fill out our your basic information in the profile section.
4. Set up gift payments.
- Choose the payment type you wish to use for the current donation process and click “Add.”
- Online donations are either payroll deduction or credit card.
- Note: you can only choose one payment type per donation transaction.
- Enter the the amount you wish to have deducted from each pay period.
- Your pay period should be auto-selected for 26 weeks.
- Enter the total gift amount and your full credit card information.
- Note: The system does not keep your credit card details on file. All record of your credit information will be removed from the system once your donation has been processed.
5. Find a charity.
- Click “Find a Charity” to access the online directory of all participating organizations.
- Search the directory for the charity or charities of your choosing. You can search by name, location, or charity EIN.
- Note: for a more detailed description of charities participating in the program this year, please refer to the 2019 MCC Giving Guide.
6. Add a charity or charities to your designation.
- Select the name of the charity in the search results for more details. Then, add it to your pledge designation by clicking “Add this charity.”
- Once added, you will see the name of the charity listed on the left-hand side under “Selected Charities.”
- If you would like to donate to more than one charity, use the search box to find additional organizations and add them to your list of selected charities.
- Once all charities have been added, select “Add to Designations” at the bottom.
7. Set your designation preference.
- Enter the total gift amount you would like to designate to each of your charities, or use the sliding tool to designate the giving percentage.
- You can add additional charities to your pledge at any time by selecting “Find a Charity” and repeating the above steps.
- Review the breakdown of your gift allocation on the right-hand side of the page and select “continue” to verify and process your pledge.
- Note: you can cancel your gift at any time by clicking “cancel and start over” on the right-hand side. However, doing so will require you to reenter all of the above information.
8. Make it official. Complete your gift!
- Review the options and check any that apply to you and select finish to process your donation.
The Maryland Charity Campaign also has step-by-step instructions for activating your account and donating online if you need further assistance.